Interesting facts about cannabis
Cannabis is the most common soft drug in the world. Many fans of the drug acknowledge its medicinal properties and argue that it is not as addictive as people tend to think. While opponents often oppose marijuana, saying that it makes it more likely to try harder, more dangerous drugs.
So what do you think about it? Whatever your opinion could be, please read some interesting facts about hemp. Who knows, maybe it will make you change your mind!
1. The earliest recorded of using marijuana come from the 3rd millennium BC in today Romania.
2. Consumption of this drug has been also recorded in ancient China (2800 BC) and Egypt (950 BC).
3. Marijuana’s use isn’t limited to drugs; it can also be made into rope or fabric. So scientists suggest that the iconic stones on the Easter Islands might have been moved with the help of such ropes.
4. Researches indicate that 42% of Americans have tried marijuana at least once.
5. While growing cannabis at home it will take the same amount of light as a 30 out of refrigerators.
6. In December 2012, the U.S. state of Washington became the first state to officially legalize cannabis.
7. Marijuana and beer have many common. Beer’s hops are in the same family of flowering plants as cannabis.
8. Marijuana doesn’t only treat people. Pet owners are regular using the drug medicinally to help their suffering cats and dogs.
9. Legalizing marijuana would generate almost 9 billion dollars in federal and state tax annually.
10. Over 800,000 people are arrested for marijuana in the U.S. every year.
11. After alcohol, marijuana is the second most popular recreational or mood-altering substance in the world.
12. In North Korea, marijuana is legal. It’s not even considered as a drug.
13. George Washington grew marijuana on his farm and promoted its growth.
14. From 1850 to 1942, marijuana was considered a useful medicine for nausea, rheumatism, and labor pains and it was easily obtained at local general stores throughout the U.S.
15. Held every November in Amsterdam, the Cannabis Cup is the world’s largest cannabis festival, where judges from around the world sample and vote for their favorite marijuana varieties.
16. Marijuana is known to increase appetite and food consumption. Pigs in Bhutan are fed cannabis to make them hungrier and consequently fatter.
17. The toughest drug laws in the world can be found in Southeast Asia. In Malaysia if you are arrested with 200 grams of weed you can receive a death sentence.